Saturday, June 14, 2014

Long Time No Post

Lots going on but not quilting related.  Projects are at a standstill.  I did nab one of Missouri Stars Daily Deals last week.  Been wanting to try the Disappearing Churn Dash that Jennie made up for one of her videos.  These cheerful fabrics will make a couple of  pretty throw-sized donation quilts.
EDIT ALERT !!! Not D-Churn Dash.   *D-Pinwheel*
Part #1     &    Part #2


 On the poodle rescue front, here is one from the Nogales area.  He was a matted mess but there is a cute little dog under there.
 He was very nice about the clippers, never once did he snap or growl.  Very afraid of the tub and bath process but it just made him a wiggle-worm, trying to slip from my hands.  LOL

Personality is as cute as his photo.  He will soon be listed on PetFinder with Arizona Poodle Rescue.

Gosh, it's been so hot the past few weeks (100+) and not cooling much at night.  Rain seems to be falling everywhere else but here.  I'm so ready for our rainy season to start.



6 comments:

  1. Sometimes life just gets crazy.I love MSQCs daily deals as well as their tutorials. You picked up some pretty pieces. And here;s hoping your newest rescue finds the perfect home - what a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dog! You did such a nice job getting him all purdied up. I love that material. I bet it will make up so nice.
    My daughter said the same thing, she is really looking forward to the monsoons. She lives in Mesa.
    It was 110 Monday, but it has cooled off lots from then, I would love to get some rain too.
    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww pupper is so cute - I love how he's posing on quilts - very appropriate! What's his name? He's so tiny compared to the other poo-kids!

    Hmmmmmm I had to put on track pants, a sweatshirt and fuzzy socks tonight - it's been pretty cool for the last 2 days - current temp 54F, going down to 46F overnight. BRRRR! I'm not really complaining though - at this point we don't need the furnace or the a/c - it's quite comfortable, and we're saving a fortune, lol!

    Beautiful fabrics - I'll have to look up this Disappearing Churn Dash - the quilt I'm working on right now is a Disappearing 9 Patch - I haven't heard of a Churn Dash that hides! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I hope he finds a really good home. Pretty fabrics, look forward to seeing the quilts they become.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw he is adorable!!! Your fabrics are great. We've been super busy here with work and garden, etc. I rarely make it to the internet these days but want to soak up as much sunshine as possible before winter. Hope you can find a nice home for him! He really has a sweet face! Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete