Monday, January 27, 2014

January Blue Kitty Borders

Borders are on.  Nothing fancy. If I had to piece a more complicated border my quilts would never get into tops. The room was so sunny this afternoon it kinda washed out the blues.
 This one will finish about 60" x 70".  Putting on the final borders reminded me why I don't make larger quilts.  Too much weight and such (for me) to manipulate- ironing, sewing long rows then bordering.

 Now to find a backing fabric, blue with snowflakes- what else !
*************************************************************

Yeah, Mimsy is better! She is eating on her own and relaxing around the house.



The photos are from a while back, did not want to flash camera in her face.  She's such a good kitty girl.
*****************************************
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.” 
― A.A. MilneWinnie-the-Pooh

4 comments:

  1. Give Mimsie a kiss from Auntie Sandra - I'm glad she's doing well :) Love the kitty quilt - cats really are the best theme for quilts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt! I love the colors you chose. So good that your kitty feels better. She looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that Mimsie is doing better! That is a relief! I love the quilt, that is a fun quilt and the colors are FANTASTIC! Glad you are having some sunshine. Cold (real cold) and grey here...all day, every day here in the Northeast. Take care!
    Hugs,
    Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your blue kitties, and so glad you real live kitty is better!

    ReplyDelete