Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Progress on Hallow's Eve Quilt

All 21 Churn Dash blocks are finished.   Whew!  
Today the big purple Churn Dash block is complete. Math on that one was tricky, I could not just double the cutting sizes, it added up too large. Could not follow cutting directions from pattern cuz I made my blocks ten inches instead of twelve. Oh well, it's done now and that's what counts.
 Debbie Mumm  fabric with bits of  candy corn .  It has just the right amount of black mixed into the purple color.  An oldie but goodie fabric purchased on eBay.
 I'll use it for the narrow inner border and maybe some for the backing.   Below is magazine photo showing placement of blocks.  So close to a finish on this one!
 DH wants a fatter more friendly looking cat for the block center.  I like his idea  ;) winking.

 Storm is coming. High wind predicted Friday and freezing temps by Sunday putting snow in nearby mountains.
So the weather man says.

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking good! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh it is REALLY looking good! I love the big block in the middle, can't wait to see the cat you put in! I guess winter is coming. We had some flakes yesterday but nothing stuck to the ground (whew). Not sure I'm quite ready for snow yet :) Stay warm and safe! Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt!! And that photo is absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall colors are so good. I like the whimsical background you used for the blocks. I didn't purchase any Halloween fabric this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those churn dash blocks look really good. Nice layout. I like all cats so yours is fine with me.It is very Halloweeny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your fabric choices - and I think Mr. Pibbs would be a great model for the cat in the centre block!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the idea of a huge block surrounded by the same in smaller. And of course, I really love the purple

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt, and envy your maths talent!!! Your photo is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your churn dash blocks look great in Halloween fabric, I like the purple too.

    ReplyDelete