Saturday, May 26, 2012

Weekend Stuff

 Saturday I have taken time to find and cut more plaids for my house blocks. (Fifteen years of stashing makes a bit of fabric to sort thru).  I hit the "jackpot" finding several FQ stacks purchased (a very long time ago) from Fabric Depot .   The FQ's  were 1/2 price made by Benartex.  No idea what to do with them at the time, I was just stash building. 
Other plaids are from an estate sale, purchased last year from another blogger. She stuffed a box full for me and only charged shipping plus $5.00.  Some of those plaids are faded where they were folded but most fabric is still good to use.
I'm looking forward to using the rest of my plaid stash on the below quilt some day,  (from the book "Garden Club Quilts").   The quilt also uses lots of prints, I'll try for it to be an all stash quilt.
  I'll have a hard time deciding what applique technique to use.   It will be either freezer paper or  fused with a tiny zigzag stitch.  No way I'll try to needle-turn all that applique!  If I make things too complicated the quilt will never happen.  (((sigh))

Mouse was keeping me company while I sorted and auditioned fabrics.  Sleepy boy, he's about to tip over.  Then he did.   LOL
Little while later he got up for a drink. Chelsea took advantage.  FQ's make a good poodle pillow.
These guys are making me sleepy so it's off to bed I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment