Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Friday Night Sew-In

Wanted to do more but it got late.  I enjoyed what I did accomplish, even if it was to just cut for two hours.  Hey, it's a start! LOL  (I was kinda watching tv while cutting plus had to break and feed the poodle-kids)


I cut some of the plaids.  Enough to make four blocks. I'm making two blocks from each set of colors.  Maybe I will make two quilts so there is an extra one to gift.
I cut lots of background pieces.   I'm already excited to sew these blocks to share what they are. Maybe I can carve out some sew time Sunday night.


Meanwhile....... out at the coop.  Spring time keeps the black Australorp  very broody.  She fights to collect all the eggs from other hens.  They get crushed in her madness.   
So, I moved her back into the smaller coop where the chicks are living.  She sits on the top roost board and fluffs at everyone.  There is no nest for her to sit.  When I walked into the coop her hackles went up, tail fanned out and she made a menacing cluck sound over and over.
She kept turning around and around clucking to show me how mad she was.  This has been going on for a few days now.  I was tempted to give her some eggs to hatch, did that last year and she abandoned them after two weeks.  Plus I don't need anymore noisy roosters, that's for sure!






No comments:

Post a Comment