Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

Today is May Day and you can certainly tell spring is in the air in my yard.  Purple Finch pair built a nest in a decorative birdhouse.  Three babies are growing in that metal house.  There are bird nests tucked in many nooks all around our house.
 Look closely and you can see the bright male, female is on roof top.

 Found a wonderful panel by Nancy Halvorsen, "Garden Song".  The colors appeal to me, even tho I love the darker Prim look.


                                   The written sayings add to the panels whimsical feel.
  Not much sewing going on, DH is away so all the chores are mine. by days end I'm tired.  Hope I can steal some quilting time soon.

3 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous panel - are you going to make a wallhanging?

    I haven't been doing much sewing since finishing the 2 baby quilt sets - I think I got a bit burned out, lol. I went into Toronto today with a quilty friend and picked up a bunch of zippers, a bit of fabric and some beady supplies. I didn't really need to BUY anything, but it was fun going out for the day, and visiting a part of the city I'd never been to before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that panel!!! Your bird house is awesome! I've not been sewing much either for the same reason, keeping things up is a lot of work, hope you get to quilt soon!
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there,
    thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I have been looking through your blog and it has been fun reading about your chickens. I hope to have a coop built by next spring to have 3 or 4 of my own. I hate that a hawk got one of your chickens.
    I worry about that around our place. I see hawks flying over head some days. Can you get chickens to come back into the coop with treats or something when you can't be out side with them? I would like to let mine free range but only when I am with them.

    ReplyDelete