Good grief, a lot of cutting! The freezer paper is slick and curly.My hand got tired of cutting, especially after all the tracing of pattern pieces.
There were seven pages to trace.I'll finish cutting later :)
While I cut the pattern pieces my DH cleaned up the insides of this Singer 500A. (He wants me to use it for repairing flags). I could not wait to get my hands on that machine when he finished, it's been sitting for two years. (Found her on eBay for $35).
I spent a bit of time resetting the tensions for upper thread and bobbin thread, it was all out of whack. Then I wiped her down with oil followed by a good buffing. She sews a real nice stitch now.
While searching for my bobbin winder I stumbled across a box with this "stuff", some cut churn dash blocks and a magazine from 1995.The background fabrics were never cut, I needed to decide if they should be all the same cream. Now I'm think'in maybe a mix of cream TOT's would look better.
I'll keep these cut fabrics with the old 500A and use it to sew all the blocks and top. That will be a fun project to do over time.
Sew, that was my FNS.... not a lot of actual sewing but a good start on the applique project.