Thursday, September 1, 2011

Block Party and Painting

These are my blocks for the August Block Party (lotto) with my AboutQuilting group. Drawing is tonight. I would love to win this month and stash the fun jar blocks for a kids quilt.That's about all my sewing recently, my back is still hurting from loading too heavy hay bales. Cannot sit at machine very long.

Husband and I have been talking about painting inside of house. We are both tired of white walls. Well, painting has started at front entry. We chose a warm tan called "Sienna Dust". Some bump-out walls and arch will be a different color. Great place to display my two old treadle machines. I'll hang up a quilt or two on the bare walls. There are two good sized shelf style quilt hangers stored in shed.

My friend from Sonoita is helping me with this big paint project. Lots'a work, all the walls have to be washed first.A little at a time and eventually it will get done. Hope to not be too tired and sore from this painting project. So many quilty projects I would like to work on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment