Friday, August 13, 2010

Pets on Quilts Photo Contest

Here is my photo entry for the photo contest held by SewCalGal. I'll come back later to edit this post and add the link for viewing from her blog.

Norton (RIP) and Smudgie on my McCalls Kitty block quilt. This was not staged. I had been pinning the quilt sandwich and stepped out for a moment. Walking back into the room I found these two perched. The quilt was a gift for my friend Ann in FL. It looked like the two cats were pleading with me to not give their kitty quilt away.

(As with all photos on my blog you may click on pic to enlarge).

17 comments:

  1. If I was a cat, I'd want to keep it too. Cute cats! I really love that quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats on cats, what a great picture. All of them are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cats know when they see a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! They know a great spot when they see it. Now I am off to see Poodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just thought they should be included as one of the special pair of cats like the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course they recognize a good thing when they see it! All are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that they are lying on their own kind, what a sense of loyalty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this same quilt many years ago and gave it to my sister. Her cat, Noodle, used to sleep on it. You have beautiful cats! Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic photo, quilts are truly 'cat magnets'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is beautiful, no wonder the kitties wanted to keep it! :)

    Thank you for sharing

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they're trying to make sure you can't give it to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always thought that if there is a quilt around a cat will find a way to lay on it - they're great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cats are beautiful and your cat quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quilt! Your cats are too funny. You could be onto something here. Cat weights for your quilt when you're basting etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photo! Your cats are cute - and so is your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They definitely look like they are begging to keep the quilt. The quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete