Saturday, February 2, 2019

Gypsy Wife Sew Along

On Face Book.  Over 2,000 have signed up- wow !  
Me too.
I have my booklet pattern thingy.  Found one of the last copies at Fabric Party- Etsy shop a few weeks ago (copies are re-ordered and due in Feb. 4th).  So many places sold out, even Amazon, twice now.
Apparently many quilters have a love-hate for the Gypsy Wife pattern. There were mistakes in the pattern besides not much direction given in the booklet (easy to find corrections for first edition now).  I saw the quilt myself and always wanted to attempt putting it together. But, always kinda knew it would be a disaster, never finished.
So, I've joined the FB group, day one starts Feb 2nd, today.   We are working one section at a time, and a whole month for each section.  There will be tutorials and answered questions. 
I'll be posting a photo of my fabrics soon and hope to start cutting once a few more decisions are made.
Anyone interested in the sew-along, join up on Face Book (Gypsy Wife Sew Along 2019)!  You will need a pattern to join or proof that it's been ordered (photo of receipt). And if you are curious about this quilt, just google or go to Pinterest, there are lots of beautiful finished Gypsy Wife quilt photo's out there.

                     ************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment