Fresh from the dryer. Lots of lint from the cotton batting and flannel back. I used a roll of sticky tape the get all the bits off.
It didn't crinkle a lot after washing and drying, I was hoping it wouldn't. The different color strips of batik binding turned out to be a good idea (so my hubby said). Oh my, it was impossible for me to hand stitch the binding down. It just didn't lay right and the stitching showed. Ended up using a blanket stitch by machine. I was happy with end result.
These were blocks from a swap so black background fabrics were different. Some were black batik, others were kona cotton. The batik border fabric I used was very mottled with a bluish tint.
This is a true charm quilt, no duplicate kitty blocks. I love how it turned out and it was hard to let go.
This quilt was for my doctor's (surprise to me) retirement. She out-processed last week and is moving back to her home town in one of the Great Lake states. I'll miss my Doc, she took such good care of me, made the correct diagnosis when other docs seemed befuddled. I know she will like the quilt, I found out she is a cat lover.
Best wishes Dr. T.