Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sewing Room Addition Progress

Way back in November we contracted my sewing room addition. It's finally nearing completion. The room just needs flooring put down and a bit of paint touch-ups. 
 The room has a north exposure, late afternoon sun will barely touch one window.  So to brighten and warm this room I chose a pastel yellow.  I chose bead board to cover the walls to keep a "porchy" feel.
 It will be nice to look thru the kitchen window and see quilts hanging along with my sewing table and different quilt projects. Gotta be more tidy in this room. LOL

Outside the addition looks like part of the house.  Metal roof doesn't show very much but it matches the carport addition.
 I have plans for the side yard but first I'll be fixing up the room inside.  Hopefully the flooring will be delivered Monday and all work complete by Friday. (These guys work slow- I could scream!).

Gypsy had her spay check-up yesterday. Vet took stitches out where the mammary tumor was removed. Everything healed up nicely and the sweet girl has gained two pounds. Thats a good thing ;-)
She is having a good deep sleep. Vet visits are always stressful for her.

14 comments:

  1. Your new sewing room looks wonderful! I love the yellow you've used for the walls! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love your new room! Mine is similar, but has both west and north exposure. I'm looking forward to your progress. What kind of lighting are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, that is going to be a wonderful room where you can create and enjoy! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! What a great area for sewing. Love that yellow. I've forgotten what it looked like before you started. I think you posted pics, right? Must go back and look. I cannot wait to see this finished.

    As for slow workers, I'm not sure there are any other kind;-) That may be because they commit to a number of projects and then have to spread out the love. As I always say--so much better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome.. your sewing room will soon be hanging with quilts...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. My nest is also north facing and I chose a pale yellow too. I love it and it's very bright in there. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sewing room - it's so bright and cheery - it'll be a joy to sew in there :) I'm glad sweet Gypsy is doing well -- it looks like she's settling in nicely - that makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs for Gypsy. I love LOVE LOVE your sewing room, it is going to be a really cool room for you to sew! Yellow is my favorite color and it does help if you don't have a lot of sun in your room (thus half our rooms are painted that color). I like the bead board, what a great touch. We want to see more pictures as it progresses, tell those contractors you have an audience :D
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs for Gypsy. I love LOVE LOVE your sewing room, it is going to be a really cool room for you to sew! Yellow is my favorite color and it does help if you don't have a lot of sun in your room (thus half our rooms are painted that color). I like the bead board, what a great touch. We want to see more pictures as it progresses, tell those contractors you have an audience :D
    Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sewing room - it's so bright and cheery - it'll be a joy to sew in there :) I'm glad sweet Gypsy is doing well -- it looks like she's settling in nicely - that makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow, that is going to be a wonderful room where you can create and enjoy! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete