Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 19 FRI NITE SEW-IN

I don't know how many others are like me but I have several quilting projects going at once. I really need to focus and get a finish. Friday night sew-in is helping me focus. These rag kitty blocks are from several swaps with the AboutQuilting ladies. Last night I played with the blocks, sorted thru and pulled child prints then sewed a few that were cut.

The swap theme started with muted country colors, I think we had four swaps so far, I traded ten sets of ten each. The storage tub is full!

QFK kit- worked on adding borders and re-sewing some flipped seams, it is now ready to sandwich. Decided on a blue backing from stash instead of the green stripe they sent me.

Added a few more rows to the "postage stamp" sew-along top. Giving up on making a large quilt because the muslin is fraying so badly. I bought a bolt %50 off at JoAnns and this muslin is not the good Roclon I'm used to. Dang. It will be best suited to use as foundations for string quilts. But a whole bolt? Maybe I can line some tote and grocery bags to use it up.

All in all I look forward to the Friday night sew-in each month. Next time I will pick one project and maybe have a finish. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear someone else say they have several projects going at once! I've got at least 3 quilts started...blocks made...but seem to be stuck for one reason or another on how to finish all of them. I have new projects I want to start, I have UFO's that I'm determined to finish! I'm so unorganized at times.

    ReplyDelete