Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What Has Kept Me Busy




A few pics of what I'm working on. Weather was nice last week so I was outside a lot. Most of the sewing was done at night while watching tv shows. Finished up all the flannel kitty and C-mas kitty blocks that were pre-cut (now to cut bunches more!).
Still working on the Pineapple Blossom blocks (cut and put away last summer). I've always enjoyed looking at photos of Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom quilts (several on webshots) the pattern is pleasing to my eye.
Several years ago I joined a Pineapple Blossom swap using Christmas fabrics (still a UFO). Needed more blocks to make a good sized top but had to wait and collect more fabrics for variety.
Maybe I can get this newer Pineapple Blossom project finished if it stays out of the UFO tub. This latest project will have 30 12 inch blocks, 5 across x 6 down, not sure about adding a border. Have to keep the tops small so I can use my machine to quilt.
Speaking of quilting... there are at least six tops to be quilted. Was kinda waiting to get my machine put flush with sewing table top to make machine quilting easier. Not sure when that is gonna happen.
At least now I don't feel guilty about sewing lots cuz it is cold and rainy this week. Let's see how much I can get done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment