Sunday, October 6, 2019

I Have Put Off Posting...

All summer. This has been a long hot summer, rain arrived late. 
I'll post some summer "highlights".

My quilting room is a converted covered porch, finished not that many years ago.  This year the roof leaked.  It's all repaired now after waiting three months for a trusted company to fix.  Their waiting list had 80 roof repairs ahead of us. Owner worked us in when he saw all my fabrics and quilting machine in danger. The ceiling had bulged right in the middle from water weight.
.....
LOL (gotta laugh or I could cry every time I look). I had pulled and stacked fabrics everywhere for the Gypsy Wife quilt. Now it all needs back on shelving.  Rain is gone for the season but I've been afraid to remove the tarp. I'm sure its been fixed up right, they showed us the old inferior materials and all new materials to replace. It's just so much to do in there but husband is going to help.

My health has been a roller-coaster ride for the last several months.  Trying new meds for the fibro and nerve pain, experimenting with dosages, new doctors and clinic. Depression. Sleeping too much. I've mostly been caring for our poodles, the horses and mule. But not complaining about that !
These guys... crack me up, keep me going.


The herd of five.  Husband chips in a lot to help with care.

Awesome storms this past summer...

Rain makes the desert green...

It actually feels a little bit like fall now. AC is turned off, nights are cool.
But in AZ you never know...




2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope it gets fixed, to the top of the list soon!! And I hope you feel better; it is just a bummer to hurt all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Perhaps now that the rainy season is passed your pain will lighten up. Hugs and hugs!

    ReplyDelete