Thursday, November 29, 2018

Living Under A Rock ?

Who, me ?  Am I the last quilter to stumble across this pattern?  Today I saw a wonderful quilt on FB with the bird blocks set in an Irish Chain.  Pinterest has lots of the bird blocks in so many colors, so many ideas.  Pattern is on its way from Amazon.  I hope to make some of these bird blocks next year.
*************************************************************

More about Taxi, our Belgian draft mule.  He is a sweet soul but always on guard. Photo below is his first morning with us.  We kept him in the round pen for a 30 day quarantine.

Taxi shipped from a kill pen in LA, a two day haul.  In these photos he still has the pen lot tag around his neck.  In the past year we have learned about mules, still so much to understand. 
Taxi was a working mule.  We know he was used as a pulling mule and I bet someone rode him once in a while.  Once haltered he is all business.  He stands tied and I have easily saddled him. The Aussie saddle actually fits Taxi (mules are hard to fit).
This big guy is a hoot.
Will I ever get used to a mule spying on us ? 


No comments:

Post a Comment